Do you have a gas oven? I have a temperamental one, and it's the bane of my existence. I made meringues this weekend and they were a sticky mess. I tried continuing to bake them on a low temperature, but they wouldn't dry. My brother in law and nephew who are cracker jack bakers suggested that I put a pizza stone or some tiles in the bottom of the oven, then heat it, then put the meringues in. Worked like a charm! I hope this helps--good luck.

akrainey

Turns out, I panicked too soon. Leaving the door closed with oven turned off for 2 hours resulted in a perfect base for my Pavlova. Thanks for the help. I love having Food 52 by my side when a question comes up.

Estelle

i usually turn the oven off and leave it in a dry oven overnight and it works great

So glad everything turned out well for you.