🔕 🔔

Italian macarons

I've made successful French macarons before and have attempted making Italian macarons twice. On both occasions, the egg whites refused to stiffen after pouring in the syrup. Any idea what went wrong?

asked by thefoodscientist over 3 years ago

3daaaaf4 fcd4 4222 bc0f c2f7d2396038  green cupcake

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but when I make Italian meringue, I always beat the egg whites with a bit of sugar until stiff *before* slowly pouring in the syrup while still beating, and then beat even more. I'm not familiar with the sequence of your Italian macaron recipe, though, so I'm sorry if this is unhelpful.