too springy pizza dough

It's like a comedy skit trying to get my dough to stay stretched long enough to use/. I start at 12-14 inches turn my back to get toppings and there is a 4-6 inch circle. What am I doing wrong?

asked by Brian over 4 years ago

plainhomecook is right. let the dough relax. It should be room temp dough, not cold, or you'll be wrestling with it forever.

plainhomecook

Good point Mrs. Larkin, I hadn't even thought of it being frozen dough because I've never bought frozen dough. How do you like it?

plainhomecook

I've tried frozen pizza dough in the past. Its pretty good. Now I always make my own. So easy and delicious.

Kary Osmond

If your dough is too springy, let it rest longer. Allow your dough to come to room temperature, then start rolling it out. If it's very elastic, cover the partially rolled dough with a damp tea towel and let it rest for 5-10 minutes, then try rolling again. It should stretch nicely. If you're in a rush, and can't wait, roll the pizza dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper. The cool part about this technique, is once you peel off the top piece of parchment paper the pizza can be baked on the remaining piece of parchment. If you're looking for a pizza dough recipe that is super elastic (meaning no rolling pin needed), try this recipe: http://karyosmond.com/how-to-make-pizza-dough/ Hope this helps! k.