🔕 🔔

I have 21 hours pizza dough, and it's wet. Did I put in to much h2o, or have I looked at it to long? I have toppings that most haven't used, so ??

Help now please!!!! Toss my dough, or flour and proceed??? Backup is Public rolled dough, so I don't lose, but I must learn now... Cut & flour my wet dough, or go with Public? If I don't hear, I'll do both. I appreciate you guys with the no prob dough, but first time can always be a prob. Thanks!!

asked by Steve Bass about 2 years ago

Make a pan pizza in the oven. It'll take another hour. Put your wet dough in a cast iron pan. Make sure the pan is well oiled ---like about 1 tablespoon of oil. Spread it Around with your fingers and then with your oily fingers spread the dough out in the pan. (if you have more dough for one pan use a cake pan and repeat for 2 pizzas, or better yet if you have another cast iron pan).

Let the dough rest about an hour then decorate it and put in a very hot oven (500 is as hot as mine goes) for about 10-15 mins.

http://slice.seriouseats...

Steve Bass

Sam, thank you Sir!! I cooked one, but two now follow in extremely old #8 & #30 cast iron skillets. I sure appreciate your quick guidance !!!!

George H

Dough up to 48 hours is fine.

Wet is not a problem. Dust with enough flour to make it manageable. Then use it as normal dough. Pretty easy.

Glad you found a solution. I would have kneaded some more flour into the dough to make it the texture I like for pizza.

Hard to say without seeing it, but pizza crust should be damper than a lot of bread doughs- if it's possible to handle it enough to get it on a peel or pizza pan, it should be fine.