A question about a recipe: Maialino's Olive Oil Cake

2aae762e 345b 4799 9323 6c99f0c86576  olive oil cake genius desserts 3x2 james ransom 408

I have a question about the recipe "Maialino's Olive Oil Cake" from Genius Recipes. Can I substitute something else for the grand marnier? I'm under 21 sadly and can't get my hands on any.

asked by h_philli over 4 years ago

I think you could just increase the orange juice to 1/2 cup.

dinner at ten
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

I would substitute additional orange juice, along with some orange zest to add some of the more intense flavor and bitterness you would get from the liqueur.

Friulana

We used Cointreau for our first cake and Grand Marnier for our third. Any liqueur in the orange or cognac family, we made two without that we're delicious! Give it a sip and bite on a sliver of orange to help you decide!