Another novice biscuit question...

How far in advance can I make and cut out biscuits? Can I just stick them in the fridge after cutting until ready to bake?

asked by Atlanticgull over 4 years ago

Posie (Harwood) Brien

If you want to bake them that day, you can definitely make them a few hours in advance and store them in the fridge. If you want them for a later date, make and cut them out, then freeze them on a baking sheet. Once frozen, store them in a sealed freezer bag/Ziplock and they'll keep for a few months until you're ready to bake!

Atlanticgull

Thanks! I'm going with the first option. My son is requesting a 'breakfast for dinner' dinner for his 16th this weekend so I need all the do ahead work I can get! Thanks!!!

Posie (Harwood) Brien

So cute! Good luck -- you should have no problem letting them sit for a few hours. If you get stressed, definitely try mixing them up and freezing tonight or tomorrow -- they'll be great either way!

S Wilson

Add some yeast and they'll not only wait for dinner, they'll be extra fluffy.