🔕 🔔

New Hotline Formatting

On my end, the content is no longer centered/feels pushed much too far to the left hand edge of the screen.

asked by ATG117 over 3 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

... and does not have to be so B-I-G.
I have to stand back from the computer to read!

I agree on both counts. Would love to see it changed back to the way it was.

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Thanks for the input, we always appreciate feedback on the site.

However we do try to maintain the intended spirit of the Hotline, and keep the content to food and cooking related questions. As always, if you have comments or questions about the site, we'd love to hear them! Send us a note -- [email protected]

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I know change is always fraught and the new format does take a little getting used to, but I think we all will in time. The one thing I'm not nuts about is having to reply to the overall thread at the top of the question.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

Why not open this up to discussion on the main thread within the framework of an article, your reasons for doing so (visual vs. functionality) and allow many users to participate in the discussion? With so many users who run their own blogs, there is bound to be great ideas and the pros/cons of this new hotline formatting!

I'm trying to keep an open mind and figure out the benefits, but I'm not there yet