Ad taking over FOOD52 page

OK, here's a new one. The Clairol ad which is appearing on the right-hand side of the Food52 page has a mind of its own and randomly takes over the FOOD52 home page, causing the dreaded black screen to descend over the homepage content. It won't go away unless I close out the FOOD52 site. I know my roots need touching up, but ....

• Posted by: wssmom
  • October 25, 2011

creamtea October 25, 2011

For me too but I can x it out. However, it or any other ad enlarges the minute I (inadvertently) scroll across it. I guess maybe a newer style of ad is more touch sensitive? I guess it's the way to pay the rent?

Amanda Hesser October 25, 2011

Haha! I've had that happen a few times, as well. We'll ask about it -- thanks for bringing it to our attention!

AntoniaJames October 26, 2011

Help! Sorry to hijack this question, but the Hotline is not accepting any of my questions. Otherwise I'd post it. (Actually, I wouldn't need to now, would I?) It seems that I can post answers, but the Hotline won't accept new questions from me. What should I do? Thank you. ;o)