🔕 🔔

If I am making cupcake frosting that is just butter, sugar, and a little milk, do I need to keep the cupcakes refrigerate after I frost them?

asked by cookfordays almost 7 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Probably not. Generally there is enough sugar in the frosting to make it hygroscopic which prohibits bacterial growth. Eventually they would mold, but the should be eaten well before then!

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

I think not, but it could depend upon how long it is between frosting and consuming.

probably about 24 hours between frosting and eating? should i refrigerate them over night?

8e94e86b faa9 42ae 93f9 c243369e2b3f  cakecake

I think they'll be just fine, as long as you keep it under 2-3 days (not due to your frosting going bad, but due to things beginning to dry out past that point).

Affe21c7 a0e0 4075 8909 7b6978e9509b  pic

probably not, unless you live somewhere where it's hot.