🔕 🔔

if I'm making a frittata with my cast iron skillet will it stick? I don't have any nonstick ovenproof pans.

asked by @HGufrey almost 4 years ago

If it is perfectly seasoned, it prob won't stick, but just in case, use extra oil or butter

C9fe3f6c c3eb 473c 918e 88792bcc3a90  image

Why not line it with parchment paper?

I wouldn't think of using a non-stick pan. The cast iron skillet works perfectly. I melt some butter or coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil before I add the egg mixture and the frittata comes out perfectly, golden brown.

F16adcb5 e667 4c56 8d37 2984714c46e9  open uri20131025 3491 1e6gbf8

Butter is your friend - if you use parchment, make sure to butter that too.