🔕 🔔

I bought Mascarpone cheese and it didn't look creamy

When I opened my mascarpone cheese to make egg-less tiramisu, it didn't look creamy and smooth, it rather had a grainy texture, I never cooked with this cheese before, but from what I saw, read and ate, it should have a creamy texture, not grainy!! anyways I tried to cream it with sugar using a spatula it sorta got together but still grainy, and I followed the recipe, but instead of making the whole batch I made a small one, now my question is is it edible (the expiration date is still in July). And what might have went wrong with the cheese, because since I opened it, it had this weird texture.

asked by Dima Haddad about 3 years ago

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

Sounds like it got frozen. My Grandfather loves doing thinking it will keep longer, but it just ruins it.

B0d9ae13 6858 42f7 85e2 d075a8d07996  598864 10151176176616969 1790590222 n

Maybe! the place I bought it from was keeping it in a fridge, but they might have kept them in freezers prior to that!!!

2cf1cd1d 3af6 4df4 9218 18de84acecd0  londoneatslogo

Sounds odd - I wonder if it was ricotta cheese rather than mascarpone? That has a more grainy texture, and doesn't go smooth when you beat it.