🔕 🔔

Macaroni and Cheese help

I love to make mac and cheese at home, but every time I do it on the stove top, it comes out sticky but not creamy. I tried varying quantities, but it hasn't helped fix the problem. I am now trying to recreate one type that I had at a restaurant recently. It had four cheeses and was cooked in the oven in a mini-skillet at the end of the recipe with a little extra cheese and bread crumbs on top. Can anyone suggest a recipe (doesn't have to be four cheese) or a solution to the stickiness problem? Thank you!

asked by Sjcorcor about 3 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I really like this recipe from Martha Stewart Living that incorporates butternut squash into a traditional mac and cheese recipe
http://www.marthastewart...

Check out the recipe on Penandfork.com for the Mac and Cheese from Robert Redford's Zoom restaurant

I second Amysarah's tip, to make a bechamel first. Along with the recipe Monita recommends, here's another classic from Martha Stewart but without the squash: https://food52.com/recipes...