🔕 🔔

Yucan Syrup

I'm following the candida diet and this was recommended, however when I search online there's a lot of crazy marketing sites selling it as a revolutionary weight loss supplement! Has anyone used it in cooking? What's it like?

asked by Cait over 3 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

Hi Cait, I think you might be referring to yacon syrup? It is very thick and dark with a flavor similar to molasses. You can sometimes find it at Whole Foods Market. Because it is a refined sweetener, I wouldn't put any stock into this being good for any weight loss plan! But it is certainly useful in some applications. You can use it as the sweetener in a raw apple crisp, as a substitute for molasses in recipes and baking. Just Google yacon syrup recipes and play around.