How can I use overcooked pork chops?

I cooked up a few pork chops intending to put them on salads for lunches this week, but I screwed up and they are kinda dry and undelicious. Any ideas for a dish I can make with them or hide them inside of?

asked by UhOhSarah over 4 years ago

Smother them in a sweet and sour sauce? I like Andrea Nguyen's, http://www.vietworldkitchen...

It's not loaded with sugar or food coloring.

UhOhSarah

Oh that sounds good!

saltybutter

Nachos loaded with beans and veggies and pork chops.

Dave on the grill

I'm thinking a chili or stew? I know it's summer. The noodle idea sounds fantastic though.

Maybe an easy fake "pulled pork" - chop them up and mix with your fave BBQ sauce, then serve on a bun with pickles and onions and maybe some slaw

And you can always chop, mix with gravy, and serve on Texas toast or a biscuit for good ole' SOS

GIOVANNI50

Put them in a food processor, use them to make meat balls.

Lorraine Boehm

I just overcooked 3 bone-in pork chops.... They are dry but we'll seasoned. I saved them by removing the bones and slicing them very thin against the grain put them on the side. Since I was already also making chicken stock, I added the pork chop bones to it and let it simmer for another hour. Strained the stock, added some fresh udon noodles until cooked (2 minutes) and put this into a large Japanese soup bowl. Then added fresh chopped scallion, tiny sprinkle of fresh grated ginger, fresh spinach leaves, tiny drizzle of sesame oil and a tiny squirt of siracha, then added the thin slices of pork on top!! Wow!!!! Best udon soup ever! Pork slices we're so thin they softened right up in the hot soup... Try it if your chops are overcooked & dry.

Lorraine Boehm

See my post