Chicken cooked with giblets

I asked my husband to start a chicken for me. I just got home and he cooked it with the giblets. Is it still safe to eat???

asked by kimhw about 4 years ago

I'm sorry, but this made me giggle. You should pull them out if you can because the aroma of liver and the rest of the giblets is not what you want to permeate your chicken, but it wont be unsafe that they are there. Just remove them when you can.

kimhw

Why did I ever ask my husband for help???!!!!

Lol..it will make for a good story and he just learned something valuable. I remember doing the same thing with my first turkey. I had NO idea they stuck stuff in the neck cavity. :0)