Last day! Take 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go grant some wishes » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

reheating basmati rice

Trying to get a smart cook's answer here as the Internet largely steers toward tossing leftover rice. Made pot of organic white basmati rice the other evening. We ate some of it directly after making, then I immediately cooled it down in fridge and froze the rest in freezer bag. Today I re-steamed/heated the rest gently with broth and butter in a saucepan and it was good and moist. I wanted to be sure there was enough though and I still have some leftover in the pan, which I put into the fridge in a container. So! What to do with said leftover? Is it a bad idea to reheat that AGAIN tomorrow? Don't totally understand this supposed bacteria thing. Any help appreciated, thanks!

asked by Salvegging over 2 years ago
C9fe3f6c c3eb 473c 918e 88792bcc3a90  image

Susan is correct
Badly treated rice is. "Way up" on the food-borne illness scale. But sounds to me that you're being sensible.