🔕 🔔

for the bulgogi jerky recipe, can you use shabu shabu (thinly sliced) beef ?

I'm not confident that I can cut a top or bottom round evenly into slices, so I'm thinking of going to my local Asian store and getting shabu shabu instead. Anybody think this might work?

asked by walkie74 over 3 years ago

Just yesterday, I cut a top round into about 1/4 " or a little less for beef jerky. I froze it for 3 hours first which really helps. I think your idea is a good one. I saw the thinly sliced beef at my Asian store and I think it would work. It just needs to be lean because fat doesn't dehydrate.

As long as there is not a lot of fat in the beef, you should be ok.