🔕 🔔

Recipe for Chinese Beef Roll

While on vacation last week, I feel madly in love with the "Beef Roll" I ordered at Peaceful Restaurant in Vancouver. We were hoping to go back before we left to order another one but we never made it. I can't stop thinking about and want to try to recreate it at home. It was a super flaky scallion pancake (but super thin like a crepe, layered with a hiosin sauce and thin slices of beef, then rolled up into a giant log and sliced into four pieces. Anyone have a recipe for me?

asked by melissav over 6 years ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Here's one that may be similar to what you're looking for..
http://kennys-eats.blogspot...

FYI, if it helps in your search, this dish is called "niu rou juan bing" or niu rou xian bing or niu rou chuan bing. If you're looking for a local restaurant that makes it, look for one of those dumpling or noodle places that specialize in northern chinese or taiwanese food and they should have chinese beef rolls.

D22e715c 166f 4578 8ad4 1e169fc809ba  ry 400

Thank you.

I just had this at Pine and Crane in Silverlake and I know what you mean. They were addictive!
I just found this recipe online at: http://thegrubfiles.blogspot... I am going to make them ASAP!