A question about a recipe: Chicken with Mustard and Red Peppers

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken with Mustard and Red Peppers" from Merrill Stubbs. Can I use a green pepper instead of red? Will it impact flavor too much?

1 Comment

Liza's Kitchen NYC
Liza's Kitchen NYC June 24, 2014

Hi Heather,
I just took a quick look at the recipe and using green instead of red peppers will change the taste of it pretty dramatically. Red peppers have a sweet flavour, while green ones are more sour/bitter. That said, if you do go with the green ones, you'll end up with something kind of like Chicken Cacciatore, which isn't a bad thing. Recipes aren't written in stone, feel free to play around a bit with what you have on hand in the kitchen!

Heather
Heather June 24, 2014

I think I'm going to go for it with the green... And then repeat with the red another time. Thanks so much! This recipe is too easy/quick not to try tonight.

Merrill Stubbs June 24, 2014

Great advice, Liza's Kitchen NYC. Heather, hope you like it with the green pepper!