A question about a recipe: Chicken with Mustard and Red Peppers

5c09d68f b476 463c a71d 9e32172ca042  2017 0515 chicken with mustard and red peppers mark weinberg 067

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken with Mustard and Red Peppers" from Merrill Stubbs. Can I use a green pepper instead of red? Will it impact flavor too much?

asked by Heather over 4 years ago

Liza's Kitchen NYC

Hi Heather,
I just took a quick look at the recipe and using green instead of red peppers will change the taste of it pretty dramatically. Red peppers have a sweet flavour, while green ones are more sour/bitter. That said, if you do go with the green ones, you'll end up with something kind of like Chicken Cacciatore, which isn't a bad thing. Recipes aren't written in stone, feel free to play around a bit with what you have on hand in the kitchen!

Heather

I think I'm going to go for it with the green... And then repeat with the red another time. Thanks so much! This recipe is too easy/quick not to try tonight.

Great advice, Liza's Kitchen NYC. Heather, hope you like it with the green pepper!