Suggestions for repurposing too-soft home-canned pears? I used Bartletts (shouldn't have, obviously), canned in wine + wine vinegar. ;o)

Used recipe from Paul Virant's "The Preservation Kitchen," for Pear and Vanilla Aigre-Doux -- great taste, but the texture is oh, so very sad. Suggestions on ways to use the 5 pints we didn't eat over the winter? Including, or not, the liquid?

(I used half a jar for the marinade in pierino's Mysteries of Korea Town Flank Steak that I used for chicken thighs; it was sensational, as always.)
Thanks, everyone. ;o)

Droplet

AJ, I have a feeling the fruit will make a nice lukewarm summer soup in a combination with zucchini and a little bit of rice maybe, or in a more classic combination with watercress.

Patti in Mississippi

Add some to some ice cream or puree and use as a topping.

lapadia

I'm thinking making a Shebet for Summer; something similar to this (?)
http://food52.com/recipes...

mstv

I think pureed cooked pears are a good addition to a salad dressing. If using them you can use equal parts white wine vinegar and olive oil, a bit of mustard, salt and pepper and half as much pear puree as vinegar or oil.

Meaghan F

Maybe some pear butter?

PazzoNico

Incorporate them into a pasta sauce with pecorino or gorgonzola, maybe some prosciutto or speck..or pancetta. Or if you're up to it, a pasta filling with mascarpone and pecorino.

That or make some kind of savory jam/spread and serve with cheese.

PazzoNico

...you can add the liquid to sangrias.

Maybe more of a fall thing, but add them to the braising liquid for a pork shoulder - let them cook down into a delicious jammy sauce. Puree them and swirl into yogurt. Use them as a component of a barbecue sauce for pork or chicken. Puree with a little pear brandy to sauce ice cream or cake.

I've had a wonderful salad with commercial canned pears--which do tend to be mealy/mushy side.
One half of pear with bits of shredded cabbage and radicchio and fresh oregano. And a vinegar/pear juice/oil dressing. (and you have that in the cans). I think this is a bit better with mushy pears as the texture contrasts with the crisp cabbage and radicchio.

cookbookchick

Or -- maybe a little off the wall -- but how about pureeing into pear sauce and using instead of applesauce in Merrill's wonderful Applesauce Cake with Caramel Glaze? I'll bet it would be delicious!

ATG117

Use in a cake or muffin, or mix into an ice cream base with other add-ins of your choice.