I forgot to add vanilla extract to caramel pear pie

I made Judy Kim's salted caramel pear pie. It's all done and looks great but I just realized I forgot the vanilla extract. How do I make up for this? Do I drop a few drops though the holes in the crust when I warm it up tomorrow? Just add vanilla to whipped cream so topping makes up for it? How do I save this?

http://www.judykim.nyc/recipes/salted-caramel-pear-pie

asked by Serra Semi 20 days ago

Stephanie B.

Between the salted caramel and pears, I bet your pie tastes great even without the caramel. But creamtea's vanilla whipped cream is a good idea!

Serra Semi

Thank you!

Mary Catherine Tee

Agreed to adding vanilla to the whipped cream. Or, if you have it on hand, a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream should do the trick!

Serra Semi

Thank you!