🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pesto Trapanese

6a7f982d 9fb4 46ec 95ce 6b17be2bf06e  pesto trapanese img 0147 food52

I have a question about the recipe "Pesto Trapanese" from Emiko. Amount of tomatoes

asked about 3 years ago

Don't know what happened, but my questions is:

Do you have an estimate for the weight of the tomatoes? I have ripe romas but they're on the small side? How many grams or ounces of tomatoes would you say this recipe requires?

9415f039 d6dc 487a 8dce 9ff4e97bf9ae  emiko davies new portrait

As Susan says, it's not an exact science, so I would say go for it with what you have -- 10 plum tomatoes (which are usually small, compared to say, beefsteak tomatoes) are a rough guide. More important, if you ask me, is that they are ripe and tasty! ;)

Recipes like this beg for options. If your tomatoes are small, add a couple. It's not an exact science like baking.