🔕 🔔

I am making Sam Sifton's pizza dough from the nytimes cookbook (the big red one edited by A Hesser). The dough is now doing its first rise bu

asked by LM about 3 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

I think your question got cut off. Can you add the rest of it in a reply here? Thanks.

LM

I am making Sam Sifton's pizza dough from the nytimes cookbook (the big red one edited by A Hesser). The dough is now doing its first rise but seems awfully wet (it doesn't hold in a ball like bread dough, but is more like a very heavy cake batter--not quite pourable but still sloppy). 1/ has anyone else experienced this? 2/ should I forge ahead without making changes and trust the recipe? 3/ if you do suggest changes, what should I do? Thanks! Leila

I'm sorry for the slow reply -- I didn't see that you answered until just now. It sounds like the dough was too wet. It's ok for it to be loose but you should be able to pick it up and shape it. I would knead another half cup of flour into it. Let it rest for 10 minutes, and feel it again to see if it's manageable. Hope your batch turned out ok, and again, apologies for the delay!