🔕 🔔

Making nashville hot chicken and corn salad, but need another side. Any suggestions?

This is for a dinner party of 8. The chicken will be fried, and I'm making a seared corn and chile salad... but need another side that's fun/not potatoes. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

asked by daina mara about 3 years ago

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

With all that spicy food why not a cool cucumber salad? I make this one for company year round:
https://food52.com/recipes...

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

Agreed - go for a slaw or some other make-ahead salad that'll cool mouths down. Pickles are usually included when it's served traditionally (that is, bone-in between two slices if white bread) so if you've got cucumbers already lying around, you could whip up a homemade batch of those, too.

F66adf52 bd43 4630 8919 15b7adb62c14  img 5696

Thanks for the advice! I am serving it with pickles (as per tradition with hot chicken), but the corn salad isn't spicy. I'll try the cucumbers though, sounds good!

How about potato salad?

Looking for something that's not potato based, but thanks for the advice!

Baked beans are pretty classic.

I'm seconding the cucumber salad or slaw of some sort. Even if the corn is not spicy, it's still a little heavy. Having something light and refreshing would be a good idea.

A watermelon and arugula salad would also be nice.