🔕 🔔

What is a good alternative to corn starch? All I have is cornflour, help!

I'll be making fried chicken, any help is appreciated. Thank you!

asked by Maureen almost 2 years ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

For fried chicken, cornflour should be fine. In fact, I can't imagine using cornstarch to coat chicken for frying.

Mmm! This is an interesting question as cornflour is the same as cornstarch if you lived in
Britain or Australia. Also some Asian countries do use cornstarch to make their chicken crispy - such as crispy chicken chicken wings which
are delicious!

This is what I like about the Hotline, wendyfouracres -- always something to learn from other cooks. Thanks!

Cornstarch makes a shatteringly crispy crust. Very common in Asian recipes. Hopefully you found a good substitute.

2b3eb50d c97d 4173 80c6 185ccf80908d  new toon5
Ash

Cornflour and cornstarch are in fact the same thing. Cornstarch is the American term; cornflour is the British English term. (Like plain flour is all purpose and caster sugar is granulated sugar.)

Hello, thank you for all of your help. I live in Britain so I used the cornflour I already had and the recipe turned out beautifully :)