🔕 🔔

Coconut oil

Bought Carrington Farms coconut oil and it was solid. But after I opened it it liquified. Is that ok or is something wrong? I keep it on the counter.

asked by Food odyssea over 3 years ago

It does melt when the weather is hot. Mine changes depending on the weather. It's just fine and very normal. I also keep mine on the counter and have since I first started using it four years ago.

D7f69dd6 b52f 49c3 805e 596ff35d6ef1  img 0280

Definitely okay. Coconut oil is unique in that it is a solid at room temperature but liquid above 76 degrees Fahrenheit. Thankfully, this does not change the taste/freshness/shelf life of the oil!