A question about a recipe: Pasta with Prosciutto, Snap Peas, Mint and Cream

78a2f834 7346 4665 9667 7e7abb78733b  2017 0220 pasta with prosciutto snap peas mint and cream james ransom 072

I have a question about the recipe "Pasta with Prosciutto, Snap Peas, Mint and Cream" from lechef. I cannot find snap peas anywhere! Can I use sugar peas as a substitute? Or am I better off using frozen peas? Thank you!

asked by Meagan Cole almost 4 years ago

Elisabeth

I think that sugar peas would be too sweet for a savory recipe like this, but I think that frozen peas would work just fine. You can even try a little of both to see if you like it; then, if you make it again, you will know which flavor profile you prefer.

cookinginvictoria

I've made this wonderful recipe with all manner of peas, asparagus, even green beans. It is a very adaptable and forgiving dish. Sugar peas, frozen peas or perhaps a mix of the two should be delicious. Hope that you enjoy it!

PazzoNico

Fava beans would be great, too. Or even edamame. Both can be found frozen if need be.