🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pasta with Prosciutto, Snap Peas, Mint and Cream

78a2f834 7346 4665 9667 7e7abb78733b  2017 0220 pasta with prosciutto snap peas mint and cream james ransom 072

I have a question about the recipe "Pasta with Prosciutto, Snap Peas, Mint and Cream" from lechef. I cannot find snap peas anywhere! Can I use sugar peas as a substitute? Or am I better off using frozen peas? Thank you!

asked by Meagan Cole over 3 years ago

D7f69dd6 b52f 49c3 805e 596ff35d6ef1  img 0280

I think that sugar peas would be too sweet for a savory recipe like this, but I think that frozen peas would work just fine. You can even try a little of both to see if you like it; then, if you make it again, you will know which flavor profile you prefer.

Cef49d72 d554 46db a888 e97e0311e08e  cimg0737

I've made this wonderful recipe with all manner of peas, asparagus, even green beans. It is a very adaptable and forgiving dish. Sugar peas, frozen peas or perhaps a mix of the two should be delicious. Hope that you enjoy it!

Fava beans would be great, too. Or even edamame. Both can be found frozen if need be.