Making Pulled Pork

What temperature, and how long, do I cook a 9 lb. pork picnic shoulder?

asked by Molly about 4 years ago

Graeme

I totally cheat all the time. I use my slow cooker and if I do say so myself it comes out great (at least I like it). I am actually making one tomorrow using a smoker and the slow cooker. Planning on smoking for about two hours and finishing it off low and slow in the cooker.

Dave on the grill

225-250 deg for 12-15 hours or internal temp of 193. Or you can cook it at 350 for a 3 hours, then wrap in foil and cook at 225 to shorten the time. But still an internal temp of 192-3.

Molly

Thanks Dave! I was worried it would take even longer, but that's doable. Great tip on how to shorten the time, too!