I'm making the Beef Barbacoa tonight and realize it will be done 2 hours before company arrives. Hold at low temp? Shred & Reheat? Continue cooking?

https://food52.com/recipes...

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

asked about 4 years ago

Patti in Mississippi

I would pull it out and just reheat it before serving!

Is it the one on this site called barbacoa-style beef for small gatherings? If so, the author says it holds well. I would probably hold for one hour and then shred it 30-60 minutes before guests arrive so it can sit in the juicy yuminess.

Zilla

W

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks