•Boneless chuck roast ideas for tonight's dinner•

I have a 3lb chuck roast, but I'm kinda burnt out on just making pot roast with this meat. Any other ideas/recipes for the cut? :)

asked by Deedeelicious about 4 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

http://inpatskitchen.blogspot...

Deedeelicious

OH MY GAWD this recipe looks delicious! Thanks!

Peggasus

I made this a few weeks ago and it was excellent! Not for tonight, perhaps, because it involves searing and then a slow cooker, but well worth it. We had it in tacos, burritos and quesadillas.

http://www.theslowroasteditalian...

Chuck roast is the starter of ground beef. Make your own ground beef from the roast. Work in batches. Cubing and grinding in a food processor use three batches...a fine grind...and another batch of medium, and then one just roughly chopped.
Mix all that together. Use it for pan fried "hamburger steak" with peppers, mushrooms and onion gravy. (mashed potatoes, and corn on the side).
Or in a Chili (which is great with this application).
or for burgers on the grill. Beef stroganoff etc. Anything you'd use hamburger for but want a bit more texture and better quality of mix.

Deedeelicious

You're right ... But it's too bad I don't have a food processor ... XD

Matt Hall

How about beef carbonnade? It's a cousin to pot roast in that cubed pieces of beef are braised until tender, but the combo of caramelized onions, mustard, and Belgian ale is great in my opinion.

Deedeelicious

Hmmm sounds delicious! But I think I might need the full recipe when I cook it! ;)

barb

1 blade roast, crock pot, 1 cup ketchup, 1 cup dill pickle juice, dash of Worcestershire cook on slow all day, strain thicken juices with corn starch, the best ever beef dip you will ever serve..yum... a total family favorite :)

Deedeelicious

Cool! How much corn starch?