what do you do to get mozzarella cheese that was in the refrigerator soft again

I left the cheese open and its not soft anymore. Do I leave it out to soften? Also can I just freeze what I am not using? I've had the same problem with french bread, put it in the refrigerator it was too hard to use.

asked by kimikoftokyo almost 4 years ago

Joanna Ramos

Is it fresh mozzarella? If so you can just drop it into some warm water for a bit. Bread should never be put in the refrigerator. Freeze it or leave it out.

kimikoftokyo

Yes it's fresh hard as a rock. I left if out to see if it will soften if set out at room tempture

If it isn't fresh mozzarella, the only thing you can do (that I know of) is cut the dry portion off. The rest should be just fine.

kimikoftokyo

Ah ok I will freez it next time thank you.