Red currant jelly: Is there any reason not to use organic/raw sugar, instead of white granulated sugar, in red currant jelly to be canned? ;o)

That's all I have on hand. Thank you, everyone. ;o)

asked almost 4 years ago

Keep in mind this answer comes from a non canner, but you know that already. :) Raw sugar is evaporated cane syrup and I use it for everything including my strawberry freezer jam. The crystals are bigger than milled table sugar, so it may take a little while longer to dissolve. You can also give it a quick buzz in a food processor if you'd like. The organic part will not have an effect...it just means no pesticides or non organic fertilizer were used.