🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spicy Shrimp

5773ac5e 9aed 4bfe beac 935eb5152bcb  2012 0719 spicy shrimp james ransom 4955

I have a question about the recipe "Spicy Shrimp" from Helen. can you use frozen shrimp

asked by Barb about 3 years ago

Only if they are raw shrimps/prawns. If they are already cooked they will go hard with the second cooking.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Unless you live near a coast, most shrimp is frozen. Even the stuff on ice at the supermarket (Normally) comes in bags frozen and put on ice for display. Sometimes that's of better quality than the stuff in the freezer section that is often imported from overseas. I've ask the fishmonger at a Krogers to give me one of the bags they use for the 'display shrimp' when I needed shrimp to store in the freezer. It was much better than the normal frozen shrimp out in the main store.