What to do with bad pluots or plums?

I purchased quite a few pluots at the store this weekend and just tried one- it has no flavor at all! I just threw out one but I fear the rest are going to be just as bad. Any suggestions on what to do with them instead of eating them fresh?

asked by stephanieRD almost 4 years ago

Roast them with chicken - adding some honey and rosemary
Make a fruit compote - adding other fruits and spices

Exbruxelles

Grill them.

I would take them back if that is convenient. Cooking with bad fruit is like cooking with bad wine.

London_Eats

Try making jam - even if the fruit doesn't taste great, adding the sugar and lemon juice will being out the flavour. You can also add a little flavour booster - a stick of cinnamon or even a tot of brandy

maimai50

make sorbet