What is your favorite recipe for canning kosher dills or spicy dills?

Yes, my cucumbers just keep coming this year. Looking for your favorite recipe - I am water bath canning.

asked by SKK almost 4 years ago

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

Hi SKK, I'm sorry you haven't received any answers to this yet. I'm hoping bumping it back up to the top of the list helps!

Horto

great recipe in, "Saving The Season", by Kevin West, that I am using,also check out www.foodinjars.com.What ever you do, use good vinegar, not distilled, which we wash the floors with!

cookinginvictoria

Hi Sharon,

A few years ago on the Hotline, I offered up my mother's dill pickle recipe, which I make every year. These are cold-pack pickles, so must be kept in the fridge, and don't require a water bath, but they are super tasty and disappear quickly. https://food52.com/hotline...

If you have an excess of cucumbers, I would also recommend giving mrswheelbarrow's Seven Day Sweet Pickle recipe a whirl. While they are not dills, they are addictively delicious. Last year I made them and they were such a huge hit with family and friends alike, that I am making a double batch this year. https://food52.com/blog...

Thank you! Yes, I have a plentitude of cucumbers. It has been a wonderful growing season here in Seattle. Hope all is well with you and your family! Did you know Hannah and her family moved to Winthrop and they opened a shop. (Yes, they were spared the fires.)