🔕 🔔

Don't you love a challenge?

I am making a sidedish/vegdish to go with roast chicken. I need to make it low carb, without dairy, but (obviously) not vegetarian. Of course, many things come to mind. What I'm doing is a version of a no-pasta vegetable lasagne (a la this week's NYTimes) using turnip instead of potato, and added roasted pepper for color. I made the sauce with turkey broth from the Thanksgiving bird. I dabbed in spoonsful of bacon jam (a la Kayb) instead of cheese, and will serve grated Parm on the side. It's in the oven as I type. If it's a bomb, I'll let you know. If it's THE bomb, I'll be busy licking the casserole dish.

asked by Nora almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

DO let us know -- hope it worked out!