Aretha Frankenstein's waffles question

I want to make these waffles this morning--I make them most weekends. I thought I had a backup container of baking soda:( There's only 1/4 teaspoon in the recipe. Leave it out? Sub in baking powder?

asked by erinbdm almost 4 years ago

sub 1/4 tsp baking powder & 1/2c buttermilk or soured milk (reduce liquid by 1/2c. or 1/4 tsp baking powder & 3 tbsp molasses (reduce liquid by 3 tbsp & adjust sweetener).

erinbdm

Well, to answer my own question, I decided to simply sub in baking powder for the baking soda in the recipe. I used buttermilk in the recipe, as I always do. If anything, my family and I thought that the waffles were even better than usual.