Aretha Frankenstein's waffles question

I want to make these waffles this morning--I make them most weekends. I thought I had a backup container of baking soda:( There's only 1/4 teaspoon in the recipe. Leave it out? Sub in baking powder?

asked by erinbdm about 4 years ago

sub 1/4 tsp baking powder & 1/2c buttermilk or soured milk (reduce liquid by 1/2c. or 1/4 tsp baking powder & 3 tbsp molasses (reduce liquid by 3 tbsp & adjust sweetener).

erinbdm

Well, to answer my own question, I decided to simply sub in baking powder for the baking soda in the recipe. I used buttermilk in the recipe, as I always do. If anything, my family and I thought that the waffles were even better than usual.

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks