🔕 🔔

If I put milk and cheese in my slow cooker and they curdle (which they will), can this be "fixed" by mashing/stirring/adding flour?

I'm wanting to make a basic Mac & Cheese sauce in my slow cooker. It starts with butter, then some flour, then non-fat milk, then cheddar cheese. I can add more flour to it as necessary, but will I be able to mash it up and stir it good to make it come nice and creamy like it does on the stove?

asked by Andrew Barbato about 1 year ago

Here is a Mac and cheese recipe that works well in a slow cooker. I, however, have not tried a bechemel version. Hopefully someone else has.

http://www.thekitchn.com...

That looks perfect, tyvm.