🔕 🔔

What is the best potatoe for roasting?

I'm roasting potatoes in duck fat and want them to be awesome!

asked by Jennifer Elmslie almost 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I would use yukon golds - baby ones or fingerlings

Honestly, I like russets for roasting because they get so creamy inside while the outside gets nice and crispy.

Russets. But any potato - red, white or other - tastes pretty good roasted with some olive oil, and pepper. Just don't overcook them.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

I firmly believe in russets, wiped with olive oil, then a generous sprinkling of coarse sea salt, 400 F oven until you can put a knife in and out easily. Nice crispy skin. Works good for double baked too - scoop out the insides, mash up with some butter or sour cream or horseradish, stuff back in and re-heat. Also, you can save the skins for an appee (mash up the insides) and stuff the skins with your favorite filling.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

If you're roasting in duck fat and want all that ducky fat infused in your potatoes, I would suggest russets (sliced)on the stove top or roasted in the oven (wedges)