🔕 🔔

Kugel (Baked Noodle Pudding) By WinnieAb • December 21, 2009 • How much cottage cheese and what kind?

It's missing from the recipe.

asked by barb48 about 3 years ago

Not an answer per se but maybe it follows one of these closely...

http://www.foodlibrarian...
http://www.saveur.com/article...

Kugels of this nature are forgiving. I would also consult a similar recipe. As far as what type, I would use anything that's not nonfat. so at least 1% milk fat would be my suggestion.

Barb48 - I have recipes of similar size and find the TOTAL cheese in the recipe varies from 2-3 cups. As there is already 1c cream cheese, I would add 1-2 cups cottage cheese, depending on how cheesy/soft you want it. Also, I favor 2 to 4% fat cottage cheese for its greater flavor. You could also substitute good ricotta for the cottage cheese.