🔕 🔔

Basil Stems

I am at the tail end of my outside herb garden. I have been plucking my basil leaves and composting the stems. Now I read that stems are edible and useable. I just tried a bit, but I can't tell if I liked it. I think I have herby mouth.

Meaghan F

I use them (and all other herb stems) to flavor things like sauces or stock, but haven't actually tried eating them.

Thanks Meaghan. I think I'll do that. I was going to process them with the leaves, but they seem to have almost no flavor. I'll freeze them separately.