I recently discovered a storebought marinara sauce that's quite tasty. Though the thought had never dawned before, I feel compelled to mix it with

strawberries and make a pie. Am curious if this combination exists in any cooking traditions and if anyone has suggestions... my baking experience is rather limited. Thanks! Nancy D

asked by NancyD about 4 years ago

I don't know of any tradition, but I have seen the combination of tomatoes and strawberries. Here, for example, is a bruschetta recipe
https://food52.com/recipes...

Spaghetti with strawberry tomato sauce, from Bon Appetit.com
http://www.bonappetit.com...

p.s. NancyD, I meant to add: if you try the Bon Appetit recipe, you would of course skip the canned plummed and use your marinara sauce instead. I would skip the teaspoons of sugar the recipe calls for, since jarred marinara generally has sugar already. (You could always add a pinch of sugar at the end if you think it's too tart.) Depending on how spicy your marinara is, you might want to skip the teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes. I bet it will be very tasty!