A question about a recipe: Black Bean and Corn Burgers

I have a question about the recipe "Black Bean and Corn Burgers" from Gena Hamshaw. I have not made these burgers before and would like to make them for a small gathering. But I have a lot of stuff going on and wondering if the burgers can be made ahead and warmed up, or they need to be eaten right away?

906a901f 6dad 452a 803e 3087c35e3de6  2013 0820 gena veggie burgers 062
Recipe question for: Black Bean and Corn Burgers

1 Comment

Susan W October 3, 2014

Sashy, would making them ahead and cooking them when it's time work for you? In reading the comments, some people have trouble with them falling apart, so forming them the night before or morning of may help with that.

QueenSashy October 3, 2014

I will definitely make the patties ahead of time and firm up in the fridge, but was hoping to bake the burgers an hour or two before the party and keep warm so that I can spend more time with friends. So the question really is, are they going to stay firm, and also will it affect the taste.

Mrs Beryl Patmore
Mrs Beryl Patmore August 30, 2016

QueenSashy,
I'm wondering if you tried making these ahead of time and if so, how far ahead, and how did they turn out?
Many thanks.

QueenSashy August 31, 2016

@Mrs Beryl Patmore. I made the mixture a couple of hours before, baked the burgers about two hours before the party, and then reheated gently before serving. It worked pretty well.