How to gussy up some Boca burgers?

Wednesday is burger night but I don't feel like going to the store to buy fresh meat and I want to eat veggie a bit more often anyways. So I want to use the Boca burgers that I have in the freezer. But they need something more than a normal burger does...maybe an aioli? Maybe some bacon? I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions to make them less boring.

asked by rapearson over 7 years ago

How about going Kiwi style with pickled beets, a fried egg, and cheddar cheese in addition to the "normal" fixings of lettuce, tomato, onions, and mayo?
You could also add the condiments used in the Flankenstein sandwich - greek dressing, feta, kalamatas, cucumber, lettuce, and tomato for a "taverna" sandwich.
I'd also think about caramelized onions, bacon, and bleu as an option.

nishis

Fry up some bacon and then half an onion in the drippings, then cut your bocas into strips (more surface area) and fry. Pile it into a wrap, sprinkle with cheese, stick under the broiler to melt the cheese, fold and enjoy. You can also skip the wrap and serve over lettuce with some blue cheese or ranch dressing. Salsa is another welcome addition.

rapearson

Those suggestions all sound good! Thanks!

Mary Alice

Add roasted red peppers, fresh mozzarella, grilled vidalia onions, and some fresh basil. YUM
Or you could do a Tex-Mex style and top them with a corn, black bean and onion salad with a little cilantro and avocado slices. And maybe top with a chipotle sour cream.

carolyn.sms

I really like Boca burgers, but find they can be a bit dry. Roasted tomatoes and some yogurt tzatziki are really delicious and keep everything moist.

skittle

I know I'm a bit late to answer but maybe you can use it for next time?
If you're going veg, I'd steer clear of the bacon.
I'd top with a bruschett and some goat cheese.

late here too. But I use some wassabi mayo on the bottom bun. Some siriachi sauce on the burger, topped with cabbage slaw with lime and olive oil and quick cucumber pickles (vinegar, sugar, salt and water)

I'm a big fan of using english muffins instead of normal hamburger buns too! They have a nice texture and easy to keep on hand in the freezer for a quick burger of any type.

Some brands of veggie burgers are heavy on cumin--so to me they taste almost falafel like--then I use a tazaki sauce (shreaded cucumber, yogurt, garlic).