🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken Cacciatore

729016a7 afcd 49cb a499 be9f31d6d3c0  chicken cacciatore 0735 food52 mark weinberg

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken Cacciatore" from inpatskitchen. Thighs are our lest favorite part of the chicken and very hard to cut when sauce is involved.

asked by Lois Jones almost 3 years ago

If you are asking if you can use bone in breasts the answer is yes. I much prefer bone in thighs, because of moistness and flavor, but I know plenty of people who cook with breasts only.

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

Totally agree with Susan W. I prefer thighs for braising but breasts will work. Just watch the braising time...you don't want dry chicken breasts.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Dark thigh meat is what gives off the flavor to the dish (much more than white meat). Why not simply debone the thighs before cooking.