🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Caroline J. Beck's 6-Minute Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Custard

89f7fd8f 1207 44e6 a9ad ddb09767803b  food52 03 12 13 4518

I have a question about the recipe "Caroline J. Beck's 6-Minute Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Custard" from Genius Recipes. I don't live in the U.S. and cannot find meyer lemons. Can I sub them for regular lemons, or even limes?

asked by Mayra about 3 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Yes, but it will be more tart, so you may need to adjust the sweetness -- a mix of lemon and orange juice would be a closer substitute.

Fa823e3b c4e8 48f7 8865 d36499d87bc7  bat

Wow, that was fast :)
Thanks, Kristen! I'll play with that lemon/sugar ratio and send feedback as soon as I get some nice olive oil to go with that!