lamb meatballs

https://food52.com/recipes...

I'm thinking of making them ahead and adding the eggs and yogurt before serving. Any concerns?

I'm not a huge fan of heat, what would you suggest as far as the chiles listed in the recipe. Slight heat is fine.

asked by ATG117 about 4 years ago

nancy essig

As far as the egg and yogurt are concerned, adding them after a slow reheat would work fine. About the chile replacement I cannot say as I love the chilis

If you don't want any heat, you can leave the chilis out completely or just add a wee amount.

I also love heat, but yes, you could simply leave it out or, if you want the flavor, just dont slit it open, put it in whole and remove it after it cooks halfway. You could also use a little good paprika instead for a little flavor depth.

ATG117

If I were to leave the chili whole and want a smidge of heat but nothing too hot, what type of chili would you recommend?

Fresno chilies are not quite as hot. I really love the Dutch chilies that it calls for, but they are hard to find in my experience. I also was toying with the idea of a dried Ancho chili. They are the ones that look like a huge raisin. I cook with them quite often with many different ethnic recipes. Whichever you choose, I would taste the sauce before the 30 minute simmer and judge how much longer you want to leave the chili in.