🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Apple Cheddar Muffins

2cc52cec 9b0d 4d09 9081 b6d8b0fd7a47  muffin

I have a question about the recipe "Apple Cheddar Muffins" from fiveandspice. what would be a good "fallish tart-sweet apple? Would a local, new harvest Macintosh apple be too mushy?

asked by Lynda Rogers about 3 years ago

I love the combination of Macintosh and Granny Smith. You get the tart of the GS and the sweet of the Macintosh. Yum!!

C4b35b3e a030 4605 bcae f5a7ba4644f4  sausage2
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I think Macintosh would work great. The grated apples work almost like apple sauce as part of the batter, so it doesn't matter that Macs get a little mushy. Susan's suggestion of a combo of Mac and Granny Smiths is also a great idea! I'm going to try that next time.