🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Brown Sugar Apple Pie

Hello. Erin McDowell's Brown Sugar Apple Pie calls for *6 pounds* of apples. Could that be correct? I had 6 or 7 small to medium apples on hand, which weighed about 4 pounds, and I used them all. It made for one terrific stack of apples. I'm baking it now, so we'll see, but I thought I'd ask the experts. Also, the lemon juice called for in the ingredients is not mentioned in the instructions. I went ahead and added it to the apple mix, per usual, but a new baker might not know that. I'm looking forward to tasting this one ... love brown sugar and apples.

asked by Robin Gress 11 months ago

23d08e08 3b57 4e81 adcd 91701fc50809  fb avatar

She doesn't say what size pie plate- that would be about right for a 14" pie. For a 9", 3 lbs. is about as far as you can reasonably go without pre cooking the apples.