🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Best Ever Turkey Chili

B95c91ae 725b 4c67 bb34 7f839f9c8cb7  2014 0930 best ever turkey chili 146

I have a question about the recipe "Best Ever Turkey Chili" from kmartinelli. Dried coriander? does this mean dried, ground seed (i.e. powder) or actual dried coriander leaves (which I have not seen often...I may sub some fresh cilantro in that case). Thanks!

asked by [email protected] almost 3 years ago

Coriander is the dried seed of the cilantro plant. You will find it in the spice aisle. To me, it tastes nothing like cilantro.

159fa81e df11 417f b133 59c3df6008c7  food53

Without seeing the recipe, and making chili regularly, I'd guess the cook meant coriander that you buy already dried and ground, in package or in bulk. I agree with Susan W that dried and fresh are nothing alike. I add chopped, fresh coriander at the end.

Cef49d72 d554 46db a888 e97e0311e08e  cimg0737

When I made this, I added dried coriander to the spice blend before simmering, but then garnished with chopped fresh cilantro before serving. I find that cooking with fresh cilantro dilutes its flavor, so decided not to add it until the end. I thought that this was a delicious recipe -- hope that you enjoy it!